Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Night Before

It’s the night before we meet with our Pediatric Cardiologist. The last few weeks have felt like years have gone by. Tomorrow the Dr. will diagnose her heart condition as well as give us the run down on what surgeries she will need. I sit here and think about all the “what ifs” and I am reminded of the promise the Lord gave me. He gave me a vision of my sweet baby Charlotte dressed in white, like a bride and the Lord walking her down the isle. This vision I’ve been getting over the past 7 days is a reminder of the Lord’s extravagant, never ending love for our baby. He mourns with Jon and myself in our darkest hours, as we weep in one another’s arms. He celebrates victories of negative chromosomes tests with us. He gives us a peace that surpasses all understanding. He makes us feel complete when all we want to do is fall apart.

As I listen to the song “How He Loves Us” the line “heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss” makes my heart happy knowing that when Charlotte enters this world it will be just like that, with "a sloppy wet kiss.” Charlotte has already touched many lives and she hasn’t even entered this world yet. I’ve received so many stories of people I don’t even know pouring out praises over our baby girl. I got a call one morning from a teacher telling me her whole kindergarten class had been praying over Charlotte. She said parents had been coming in asking who Charlotte was because their 5 year old had been praying for her out loud before bed every night. We are blessed with a God who hears our cry’s, who answers our prayers, who meets us on our knees when we can’t stand and who stops the world to hear the prayers of children.

Charlotte, you are loved more than any words can express. You will be our miracle, our little bit of heaven on earth. What a privilege it is to carry you in my belly every day, to feel your little kicks. You make me feel complete. You are simply perfect.

Love,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment